Elton John, Lady Gaga duet not on ‘Gnomeo' soundtrack
LOS ANGELES (AP) — If you want to hear Elton John’s duet with Lady Gaga, you’ll apparently have to buy a movie ticket.
The soundtrack version of “Hello Hello,” the slow-tempo pop ditty written by John and Bernie Taupin for the upcoming animated film “Gnomeo & Juliet,” only features the Rocket Man, while the rendition including Lady Gaga is only in the movie. A spokeswoman for Buena Vista Records confirmed the duet is only in the film and wouldn’t be released on radio.
John said in an interview that he asked Gaga to join him for the song last year after she performed at a charity benefit at his home in England. Their collaboration could end up on her upcoming album, “Born This Way,” though it’s unlikely because the duo aren’t labelmates. A spokesman for Interscope, Lady Gaga’s label, declined to comment.
Lady Gaga is expected to perform the title track from “Born This Way” on Feb. 13 at the Grammys, the same awards show where John joined Lady Gaga last year for a mash-up of her “Speechless” and his “Your Song.” John said he’s heard “Born This Way” and called it “the song that will wipe ‘I Will Survive’ off the map.” Lady Gaga released the song’s lyrics on Twitter last week.
“Gnomeo & Juliet” is scheduled to debut Feb. 11. The soundtrack is set for release Feb. 8.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 42155Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15090Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9670Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8506Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8490Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 7696Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 7550Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 6946Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 6921Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes
- 5498Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients