RIP Mindy McCready
It’s always sad when a celebrity dies. But when it’s an apparent suicide that ends the life of someone whose struggle with addiction played itself out on reality TV, the tragedy seems closer to home.
Mindy McCready, 37, on Sunday was found dead from an apparently self-inflicted gun shot wound to the head.
McCready had a long, troubled history dealing with addiction and mental health. She may have, at times, seemed hard to get along with during her stint on “Celebrity Rehab with Dr. Drew,” but that doesn’t lessen the tragedy nor does it change the fact that the country singer was a talented and worthy individual who influenced many other artists.
Carrie Underwood tweeted: “I grew up listening to Mindy McCready…so sad for her family tonight. Many prayers are going out to them…”
McCready’s boyfriend singer-songwriter David Wilson died a month ago, also from a gunshot wound. His death is still under investigation, though McCready denied any involvement.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 4046At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 3397Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 3003How to help tornado victims
- 2509Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 1115Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 620Oklahoma twister tracked path of 1999 tornado
- 439Twitter reaction from the sports world on the Moore/OKC tornadoes
- 371Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 366Hospitals treat more than 120 after Oklahoma tornado
- 314OKC Thunder: Thunder stuck with worst-case scenario
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients