Christina Aguilera arrested on suspected drunkenness
WEST HOLLYWOOD, Calif. (AP) — Singer Christina Aguilera and her boyfriend have been arrested on suspicion of being drunk in a car that was stopped on a West Hollywood street.
Sheriff’s Deputy Bill McSweeney says Aguilera was a passenger in the car that was stopped at about 2:45 a.m. Tuesday.
Her boyfriend, 25-year-old Matthew Rutler, was booked on suspicion of driving under the influence. His bail was set at $30,000.
McSweeney says Aguilera appeared to be extremely intoxicated and unable to look after her own welfare.
A sheriff’s website says she was booked on suspicion of a misdemeanor but McSweeney says she’s essentially being held at the West Hollywood sheriff’s station for her own protection and is expected to be released without facing criminal charges.
Calls to her agent and publicist weren’t returned early Tuesday.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 10457Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9286Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5848Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4983Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4420Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4301Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
- 4216How to help tornado victims
- 4195Oklahoma tornadoes: Lack of storm shelters floors newcomers to Tornado Alley
- 4147Woman's body found in Payne County; two arrested
- 4123OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients