Downton is too downhearted for star
LONDON (AP) — Dan Stevens wants to make `em laugh.
The “Downton Abbey” star has had a double-dose of drama this month. The British actor, who plays Matthew Crawley, has been shooting the third series of the Golden Globe-winning country house TV series set in 1920 — and another period piece at the same time.
Stevens is starring alongside Dominic Cooper and Emily Browning, “Summer in February,” Christopher Menaul’s film about a love triangle set in an Edwardian artistic community.
Shooting on the movie wrapped in London on Wednesday. And neither project has been lighthearted fare. It’s left Stevens craving some comedy.
He said he would “like to do something modern and possibly funny,” adding that he hasn’t had “many laughs for a while so that would be nice.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 26273Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 15002Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 7114OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 5706Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5522OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 4689Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 3649Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 3600Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 3343Four burning questions - Was the Thunder's season a failure?
- 3206Oklahoma City Thunder: The time has come for OKC's young players
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients