Monkees star Davy Jones mourned in private funeral
WEST PALM BEACH, Fla. (AP) — Monkees star Davy Jones has been remembered in a small private funeral in Florida. The singer’s memorial took place Wednesday at a church near his home in Indiantown, near Lake Okeechobee. A priest who presided over the service says he remembered Jones as a man who took himself lightly, considered neighbors friends and “conveyed to the world a blissful lightness of being.” Another service is scheduled for next week in his hometown of Manchester, England. Discussions are still under way for a public memorial to be held in either New York of Los Angeles. Jones died of a heart attack last week at the age of 66. He rose to fame as a heartthrob member of The Monkees with chart-toppers including “Daydream Believer” and “I’m a Believer.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 54347Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 32459Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 11466Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 8728Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients