Arrest warrant for actor Russell Brand in La
NEW ORLEANS (AP) — New Orleans police have an arrest warrant out for actor Russell Brand.
Brand is in New Orleans to film an untitled movie. He faces a charge of simple criminal damage to property valued at $700.
Police spokesman Remi Braden on Thursday could not immediately release details of what happened on Monday.
Celebrity website TMZ said the charges stem from a confrontation with a photographer who was trying to take Brand’s photo from a car.
In a Twitter posting on Wednesday, Brand said, “Since Steve Jobs died I cannot bear to see anyone use an iphone irreverently, what I did was a tribute to his memory.”
Neither Brand nor his publicist could immediately be reached for comment.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 22333Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 8521Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 6853OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 6505OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 5318Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5086Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 4091Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 3978Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 3546Four burning questions - Was the Thunder's season a failure?
- 3194Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients