Donny Osmond critical of Lady Gaga, Beyonce video
Donny Osmond is the latest celebrity who has been critical of Lady Gaga’s and Beyonce’s music video for “Telephone.”
On his radio show, Osmond said
“I’m all for freedom of speech and against any form of censorship, but all I know is that I’m a parent and I’m upset about this. I wouldn’t want my child to watch this video. Would you? What do you think? Should these two extremely gifted female role models for millions of young girls, maybe, have given a little more thought to the effect it might have on their core audience?”
The music video shows Lady Gaga wearing scantily clad clothes, and she kisses a woman while she’s locked up in jail. It also shows Lady Gaga and Beyonce killing customers at a diner by putting poison in their food.
If Osmond doesn’t want his children to watch the video, then don’t let them watch it. Just like if people don’t want their children to watch the violence in horror movies or soft-core porn on Cinemax, then don’t let them watch it. It’s as simple as that. No need to raise a big fuss over it.
Do you think the music video is inappropriate? Answer the poll question below.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24190Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 13456Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 11113Tom Ward is out as SandRidge's CEO
- 10453UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 7895Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 6976Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 6568Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 6301Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 6165Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
- 4992Will Oklahomans get on board with new water toy?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients