Can Christina Aguilera keep up with Lady Gaga?
Pop singer Christina Aguilera has come out of hiding and released a new song.
The new song titled “Not Myself Tonight” was released on her Web site and some radio stations added it their rotation shortly afterward.
The song is okay, but it’s definitely not going to be a number one hit. It’s not as catchy as other songs that are on the radio.
Aguilera is a talented singer with strong vocal ability. No one doubts her talent. Aguilera has been away from the music scene for a while because she took some time off to give birth to her child and to experience motherhood.
But while she was away, some major things happened in the music industry.
A hurricane by the name of Lady Gaga swooped in to dominate the music scene during the past year-and-a-half.
Gaga also has a good voice, but she stands out because of her edginess, her wild wardrobe and her ability to push the envelope like she did with her controversial video titled “Telephone.”
If Aguilera wants to return to the top, she has to come with something stronger than “Not Myself Tonight.”
She also needs to do something to make herself stand out. Otherwise, the spotlight will continue to be on Gaga and Aguilera will fade into the background.
Aguilera’s new song is posted below. Her new album titled “Bionic” will be in stores June 8.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 27538Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15649Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10393Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9809Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 9381Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8402Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 8325Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7545Carrie Underwood donates $1 million to Red Cross for disaster relief in wake of deadly Oklahoma tornadoes
- 7311Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 6526UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients