MLB player Denard Span hits mother in chest
Major League Baseball player Denard Span hit the woman who carried him for nine months. Yes, he hit his own mother.
But it was by accident though. During a training game, the Minnesota Twins outfielder hit a foul ball into the stands, and the ball just happened to strike his mother in the chest.
His mom received brief medical attention, but she wasn’t seriously injured, and she later returned to the stands.
When Denard returned to the plate, he struck out. He was probably shaken up and afraid he might hit someone else. A video clip is posted below.
During an interview with USA Today, Span said
“It’s just a bad situation,” Span said. “It’s just surprising that no one has gotten seriously hurt to this point. I definitely do think that they should have nets going further, you know, as far as the dugout.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17441Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 13900OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 11725'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 11253Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 8882Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7879Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 7323Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7059Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 7006Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6837Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients