Comedian Aziz Ansari mows lawn in Central Park
NEW YORK (AP) — “Parks and Recreation” star Aziz Ansari takes his parks persona seriously.
On Monday, the actor and comedian helped New York City’s Central Park get ready for spring by lending a hand mowing its 15-acre Sheep Meadow on a riding lawn mower. Ansari was assisted by several park crew members, also riding lawn mowers.
Central Park Conservancy spokeswoman Dena Libner says Ansari helped mow about an acre of the lawn. It’s used for relaxing and sunbathing.
The city is reopening all of its park lawns and ball fields on Saturday. They’re fenced during the off-season so the grass can be hearty in the spring.
Central Park gets more than 250,000 visitors a day.
Ansari portrays parks employee Tom Haverford on the NBC comedy show
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17441Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 13900OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 11725'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 11253Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 8882Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7879Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 7323Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7059Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 7006Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6837Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients