Janet Jackson and Tyler Perry on Oprah, discusses new movie, Michael's death
Singer/actress Janet Jackson and film director Tyler Perry were guests on Friday’s episode of “The Oprah Winfrey Show.”
Jackson and Perry discussed their new movie “Why Did I Get Married Too,” and Jackson discussed the death of her brother Michael and the interventions they had with him.
Excerpts from the interview are posted below.
“I got a call from an assistant. She had said that there was something on TV about my brother being ill. So I immediately called home, and I was able to reach my sister La Toya, my nephew, Austin, and I think my brother, Jermaine, at the time. They were on their way to the hospital. I can’t remember exactly who I wound up calling back, to see how things were going. That’s when they told me he had passed.”"It’s hard for me to look at an image of his or listen to his music on the radio.”
“There isn’t a day that goes by that I don’t think about him. All of us in the family think about him every single day. The last time I saw him, which was two days before my birthday at my parents’ surprise party, I was being silly like I always did when we were kids, and he kept looking at me and just cracking up.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 10886Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 10691Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 9835Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 9009Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 5206Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4290Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 3855OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 3630Oklahoma tornadoes: 27 remain hospitalized from tornadoes
- 3502How to help tornado victims
- 3466Oklahoma tornadoes: Moore tornado was ninth deadliest in Oklahoma history
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients