Tyler Perry impresses with "Why Did I Get Married Too?"
I’m usually not a fan of film director Tyler Perry’s movies. Besides the occasional funny line from his Madea character, I think his movies are typically boring and low budget.
However, my opinion of Perry changed last weekend after I saw his latest film “Why Did I Get Married Too?”
The film is about eight married friends who go on an annual vacation to socialize with one another and to analyze their marriages.
The characters deal with physical cheating, emotional cheating, lack of communication, lack of trust, lack of a prenuptial agreement, illness, unemployment, insecurities, divorce, substance abuse and death.
While dealing with those issues, the characters struggle to keep their relationships in tact. Perry intertwines comedy, drama and suspense into this two-hour film.
If you’re not a Perry fan, I recommend you see the movie this weekend. It will change your mind, like it did with me. This movie is now in the top five best movies I’ve seen during the past year.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 29552Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 26325Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 8457Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 7892Fatal fire: Two arrested in Oklahoma City death of 7-year-old boy
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients