Corey Haim's public memorial canceled
The public will not get a chance to say farewell to the late actor Corey Haim.
A public memorial service for Haim has been canceled because his mother too grief stricken. Haim’s best friend Corey Feldman made the announcement on his blog.
Now I must be the bearer of some very disappointing news to many of you out there. After weeks of consideration and planning, the ultimate decision has been made by Corey’s mother Judy Haim to not go forward with a public memorial service. Instead we will have a very small private dinner with just a few close friends in LA.
Her reasoning for this is that she is in tremendous grief and feels that to create an event celebrating Corey’s life would be too much for her to bear at this time. She did ask me to convey to you that she has been overwhelmed by the outpouring of your support and wants you to keep Corey alive by visiting his website at www.coreyhaim.us If there are any statements to be made, or events planned, or any other Corey Haim related news it will be posted there at his site.[img]3a694738122b546d3123865ec2c24e9a[/img]Although I am very sad I am not able to plan the memorial I had envisioned, which would have given both his friends and fans an opportunity to grieve together as one, I must respect the wishes of his mother, and help her in any way I can through this difficult time. Ultimately that is what Corey would have wanted more than anything. To know that his mother is at peace as much as possible in his absence.
I too understand her not wanting to face the barrage of negative press that comes from the public spectacle. This has been very difficult for me. I am trying very hard to stay positive after losing so much in the last 9 months. I have lost many who were very close to me in a very short time. However that does not stop the press from attacking me. It seems they will not be happy until I’m dead too.
Well I’ve got news for you. I am still standing. I am not going to let them get to me. I stayed indoors crying every day for 2 weeks. The second I leave my house they follow me, then make a spectacle, and then berate me for trying to get out of the house and live my life. Would they rather I hid in a cave waiting for depression to fully encompass my soul? I’m sorry but I choose to live my life and move forward as best as possible. I have a child, therefore I must work. I cannot dwell in misery. Instead I have been planning my future.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 14804OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 10332Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6926Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6240Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 6240Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 5695Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 4108Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 4061As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
- 3840Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 3249Several factors come into play on whether Kevin Martin returns to Thunder
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients