Melissa Gilbert says she's doing OK after ‘DWTS' accident
Los Angeles Times (MCT)
LOS ANGELES — Melissa Gilbert is recovering from the mild concussion and whiplash she sustained on the set of “Dancing With the Stars” on Monday. But despite a trip to the hospital during the taping of the show, she tells fans she’s “alright.”
Gilbert was performing the pasodoble with partner Maksim Chmerkovskiy when she bonked her head on the hardwood dance floor. Though she was able to finish her dance and speak with the judges after, she later told fellow dancers that she was feeling dizzy and lightheaded, according to the Hollywood Reporter.
Gilbert was gone at the end of the broadcast, which is when host Tom Bergeron announced that she had been taken to the hospital.
But she later tweeted from her hospital bed, “I’m alright. Mild concussion and whiplash. Very soon I will be safely home resting and being taken care of.”
And she’s not holding any grudges against her dance partner. She tweeted, “@MaksimC you are my champion. I adore you. @GavinDeGraw bless your heart for carrying me down those stairs!”
Representatives from ABC did not respond to inquiries about whether or not Gilbert would be on Tuesday’s results show.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 36901Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 36295Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 32626Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8549Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5487OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4132Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4021Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 3510College football: Coaches, athletes weigh in on NCAA's suspended recruiting proposals
- 3369George Nigh has long been 'Four' Oklahoma
- 3261Brittney Griner: Kim Mulkey said keep quiet on sexuality
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients