Walmart keeps toxic Miley Cyrus jewelry
Branching out into the jewelry branding world, Miley Cyrus has an exclusive line at Wal-Mart, but unfortunately it is being deemed as toxic.
According to NY Daily News, after several tests, the bracelets and necklaces branded by the “Party in the USA” singer contain high levels of toxic metal cadmium.
But even after learning of the tainted items, Wal-mart has yet to remove the accessories from their shelves.
Representatives from the jewelry industry say the items are safe as long as they aren’t “sucked, bitten, or swallowed.”
Long-term exposure to cadmium can lead to bone softening and kidney failure. It is a known carcinogen that recent research suggests can, like lead, hinder brain development in the very young, according to the report.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 7246UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
- 6857Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 5852Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients