Mindy McCready: 'I did not overdose'
Mindy McCready’s rep told TMZ the singer did not OD on drugs — she just had a bad reaction to a painkiller and her mom “overreacted.”
Brent Young, Mindy’s rep, tells us she broke her toe 2 days ago and has been complaining about the pain.
We’re told Mindy’s mom gave her four Darvocet pills this morning. Darvocet is a narcotic painkiller.
Young says Mindy told her mom that she wasn’t feeling well — possibly from a bad reaction to the Darvocet — and her mom “overreacted” and called 911.
McCready and her mom have been fighting over custody of Mindy’s son. Young says McCready’s mom may have simply been trying to make her custody argument stronger by calling the paramedics.
Young says he just spoke with Mindy, saying, “She’s totally coherent. She can’t believe her mom did this.”
Young says, Mindy wants him to call Dr. Drew to say she hasn’t fallen off the wagon.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 14439Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 9547Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 7937Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 7761Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6962Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 6428Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 6287Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 5083Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 5032Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 4602UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients