Lohan begins serving sentence on house arrest
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Lindsay Lohan has been fitted with an ankle monitor and will serve her sentence on house arrest rather than going to jail.
A sheriff’s official says the 24-year-old starlet started serving her term Thursday after turning herself in at a jail facility just after 5 a.m.
Lohan was sentenced in April to 120 days in jail for violating her probation in a 2007 drunken driving case by taking a necklace from a Venice jewelry store without permission. Lohan applied to serve house arrest, but the accommodation hadn’t been finalized when she appeared in court earlier this month and pleaded no contest to misdemeanor grand theft.
Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Department spokesman Steve Whitmore says Lohan is expected to serve about 35 days of her sentence.
Whitmore says Lohan was cooperative when she turned herself in, and it took about an hour for her to be fingerprinted and booked. No new mugshot was taken.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 14589OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8609Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6402Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6393Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6018Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5816Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4098As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
- 3659Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage after tall metal utility polls fall in northwest Oklahoma City
- 3653Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 3418Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients