Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes divorcing
NEW YORK (AP) — Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes are calling it quits after five years of marriage.
“This is a personal and private matter for Katie and her family,” Holmes’s attorney Jonathan Wolfe said Friday. “Katie’s primary concern remains, as it always has been, her daughter’s best interest.”
Cruise’s lawyer Bert Fields said Holmes filed for divorce on Thursday.
Cruise, 49, wed the 33-year-old Holmes in 2006 in an Italian castle after publicly declaring his love on “The Oprah Winfrey Show,” emphatically jumping on her couch.
The couple has a 6-year-old daughter, Suri, who has herself become a staple of the tabloids and celebrity magazines.
Their plan to divorce was first reported by People magazine.
“Kate has filed for divorce and Tom is deeply saddened and is concentrating on his three children,” Cruise’s representative, Amanda Lundberg, told The Associated Press. “Please allow them their privacy to work this out.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24778Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 14485Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 10221UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 9929Tom Ward is out as SandRidge's CEO
- 8118Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 7280Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 6506Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 6361Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 6228Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
- 5696OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients