Jackson estate expresses concern for singer's kids
LOS ANGELES (AP) — The executors of Michael Jackson’s estate said Tuesday they were concerned about the welfare of the singer’s mother and his three children amid a nasty family feud over money that has prompted three law enforcement investigations.
Executors John Branca and John McClain wrote in a letter posted online to fans of the pop superstar that they were doing everything they can to protect his children.
“We are concerned that we do what we can to protect them from undue influences, bullying, greed, and other unfortunate circumstances,” states the letter posted just hours after deputies responded for a family disturbance at the hilltop home where Katherine Jackson and her three grandchildren live.
No arrests were made, but officials say there is an active battery investigation.
Jackson died in June 2009 at age 50 and left his estate to care for his mother and three children. He left nothing to his father or siblings, who have repeatedly tried to intervene in the estate. Several have expressed doubts about the validity of his will.
Sandra Ribera, an attorney for Katherine Jackson, said authorities were called after the singer’s children were accosted by relatives who followed them into their gated community in Calabasas.
“After exiting their vehicles, Jackson family members ran up to Michael’s children as they yelled and began to aggressively grab at the cell phones in their hands,” Ribera wrote in a statement.
She and sheriff’s officials have not identified who was involved in the incident, but video footage appears to show Michael Jackson’s siblings Janet, Randy and Jermaine in the driveway of the home.
The video was obtained by “Good Morning America” and celebrity website TMZ.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 54539Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 32179Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 9189Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 7786Tornado in Oklahoma City suburb causes destruction
- 5720Police: School near OKC directly hit by tornado
- 3989Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 2759Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients