Couric launching a talk show, dreams of Broadway
BEVERLY HILLS, Calif. (AP) — Katie Couric is about to star in a daytime talk show, but she dreams of starring in a Broadway musical.
The ABC newswoman and TV personality listed several items Thursday from her personal bucket list. Others include going on a date with George Clooney and jumping out of an airplane, despite her fear of heights.
But lighting up the Great White Way may be out of Couric’s reach, based on past experience. When she auditioned for her high school musical, she revealed, she was cast as a deaf mute. Then, after objecting, she had to make do with the role of a dancing bear.
Couric premieres next month in “Katie,” a daytime syndicated hour. She was speaking to reporters at the Television Critics Association conference.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 17374Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 16681Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 7786Tornado in Oklahoma City suburb causes destruction
- 7769Fatal fire: Two arrested in Oklahoma City death of 7-year-old boy
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients