Dennis Rodman unhurt after SUV flips
FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. (AP) — Former NBA star Dennis Rodman walked away unhurt after riding in an SUV that flipped over on an interstate in South Florida.
Sgt. Mark Wysocky of the Florida Highway Patrol said Rodman and another passenger weren’t injured in the single-vehicle crash on Saturday on Interstate 95 near Fort Lauderdale. The driver was taken to a hospital.
Wysocky said the Land Rover flipped over after having a tire problem. No charges are expected.
Rodman’s agent, Darren Prince, said he spoke with his client on Sunday, and he confirmed that he was unhurt. Rodman had just returned to the U.S. from the Caribbean island of St. Tropez, where he had a disc-jockey gig.
“Thank God he’s OK,” Prince said. “He walked out with a little scratch on his finger.”
Prince said that Rodman told him, “‘I’m still living brother. They can’t get rid of me.“’
Rodman told his agent that the driver had a gash in his head and was in stable condition.
Known for his flamboyance on and off the court, Rodman won three NBA championships with Chicago and two with Detroit. He led the league in rebounding seven consecutive seasons in the 1990s and was named defensive player of the year twice.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 58670Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 34839Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 32331Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 11019Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 8824Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5821Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 3796OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 3650George Nigh has long been 'Four' Oklahoma
- 3440Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 3341Oklahoma football: Jay Norvell working on luring a tall group of wide receivers to Norman
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients