Condoleeza Rice: Gabby Douglas is an African-American hero!
Condoleezza Rice is a big fan of U.S.gymnastics superstar Gabby Douglas … TMZ reports she’s “thrilled” for the 16-year-old’s “momentous accomplishment as the first African-American” to win a gold medal at the Olympics in the all-around competition.
Rice — who was the first female African-American Secretary of State — says she’s been following the ENTIRE U.S. Women’s Gymnastics team at the 2012 Games … telling us the girls have been “incredible” to watch.
“Proud of their team gold and thrilled for Gabby Douglas and her momentous accomplishment as the first African-American to win the individual all-around gymnastics title, ” Rice says.
She adds, “These young women are full of grace and poise.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24939Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 15605Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 9621UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 8603Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 7447Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 6907Tom Ward out as SandRidge CEO
- 6484Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 6322OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 6156Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 5797Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients