David Beckham back in new H&M underwear ads
NEW YORK (AP) — David Beckham says he’s in the underwear game for the long haul, looking forward to advancing his bodywear partnership with H&M.
The English soccer star’s second set of ads for his branded collection launches Thursday. The ads will coincide with a “statue stunt” planned by the retailer with larger-than-life Beckhams going up in New York, Los Angeles and San Francisco.
New products will be added to the collection later this fall.
Beckham says he’s pleased with consumer reaction to the line and its ad campaign.
“I’m very happy that so far people seem to like it and the first season was incredibly successful. The challenge is to keep it going and establish a brand that will last many years. That is my ambition,” he wrote in an email to The Associated Press.
Beckham, 37, was a champion of the London Olympics that just wrapped up, and literally drove the torch to Olympic Stadium in a boat.
“I was incredibly honored to be part of the team that helped bring the Olympics to my home borough, city and country. I always knew we would put on a fantastic event but it has exceeded even my most optimistic expectations,” he says.
Beckham had hoped to play for Britain’s soccer team at the games but he wasn’t included in the squad.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 15085Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 9747OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6716Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5465Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 5340OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 5237Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 5225Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 3827Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 3819Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 3648As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients