McBride taps famous cancer survivors for video
NEW YORK (AP) — Martina McBride’s new single, “I’m Gonna Love You Through It,” is an inspirational song about going through cancer, and for the video, she enlisted the help of a few famous faces to convey the message.
“Good Morning America” anchor Robin Roberts, singer Sheryl Crow, ABC’s Katie Couric and “Today” anchor Hoda Kotb all appear in the clip, which debuts Wednesday on CMT.com.
Roberts, Crow and Kotb are all survivors of breast cancer; Couric’s husband died of colon cancer.
McBride, who has never had cancer, says she wanted to sing the song to give hope and positive messages to those going through the struggle. She says it “takes a lot of strength and a lot of love to get through something like that.”
The song is from her new album, “Eleven,” due out Oct. 11.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 14891OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 9440Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6703Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6232Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6155Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 6060Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4124As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
- 3925Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 3685Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 3113Several factors come into play on whether Kevin Martin returns to Thunder
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients