Open call in Bartlesville for extras, "August: Osage County" film
Freihofer Casting today announced another open call for extras for the feature film “August: Osage County”. The additional open calls will be this Saturday and Sunday, August 25-26 in Bartlesville, OK.
“We had a great turnout in Tulsa last Saturday, but we know many people were unable to attend. We want to open up the opportunity to as many people as possible,” said Oklahoma Casting Director Chris Freihofer, CSA.
The film, starring Meryl Streep and Julia Roberts, is scheduled to shoot in Oklahoma beginning in late September.
Freihofer said the film will need various extras during the first few weeks of filming.
“We do not need babies or toddlers, but we would like to add anyone else to our pool of possibilities,” Freihofer said.
“August: Osage County” is a drama written by Oklahoman Tracy Letts and directed by John Wells. It tells the story of The Weston family, who come together when their alcoholic patriarch goes missing. The film is based on Letts’ Pulitzer Prize-winning play.
Extras will be paid to appear in the film.
Freihofer said the open call is an opportunity to find, photograph and catalogue all people interested in working in the film in non-speaking roles.
“We will ask everyone to provide us with contact information and clothing sizes, and we will take everyone’s pictures. The whole process should take less than 10 minutes,” he said.
Freihofer added it will save time if everyone knows their clothing sizes in advance.
Casting decisions will be made throughout filming and those selected to appear in the film will be notified sometimes a day or two before they are needed, according to Freihofer. He indicated filming is scheduled to be Mondays through Fridays with no weekend filming. The majority of extras would only be needed for one day, but those days are scheduled to be eight or more hours.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 16352OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 13509Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 12593Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 9784Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 9412Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7721Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7510Two teacher programs at Oklahoma universities called ineffective
- 7432'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 7083Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6955Train engineer's vision problems led to deadly Oklahoma wreck, NTSB rules
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients