Richard Gere guitar collection to sell in NYC
NEW YORK (AP) — Actor Richard Gere has a passion for American vintage guitars.
Christie’s auction house in New York says it will be selling 110 of his guitars on Oct. 11.
Gere says he’s parting with the instruments to support humanitarian causes around the world.
Christie’s says Gere studied trumpet and is a self-taught pianist and guitarist.
Gere said in a statement announcing the sale that he never planned to put together a guitar collection and bought only ones he liked and that sounded good to him.
Included in the sale are brands C.F. Martin, Gibson, Fender, Gretsch and Epiphone, and guitars once owned by blues guitarist Albert King and reggae musician Peter Tosh.
A selection of amplifiers also is being sold.
The sale is expected to bring $1 million.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 7246UPDATE: Search continues for boy, 17, missing in Uncle John Creek in Kingfisher
- 6857Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates
- 5852Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients