Gaga's meat dress a loser with PETA
Lady Gaga may have been trying to prove a point in her Franc Fernandez-designed meat dress Sunday night at the VMAs, but the point was not well-received by PETA, who released a statement reacting to Gaga’s last look of the night.
“After time spent under the TV lights, it would smell like the rotting flesh that it is and likely be crawling in maggots,” the group told TMZ on Monday, just hours after Lady Gaga accepted an award from Cher in the provocative outfit.
This isn’t the first time PETA has been critical of Gaga’s wacky use of meat for her forward-thinking fashions. After appearing on the cover of “Vogue Hommes Japan” in a meat bikini, the group released a similarly sarcastic response.
“No matter how beautifully it is presented, flesh from a tortured animal is flesh from a tortured animal,” PETA president Ingrid Newkirk said in a statement. “Meat represents bloody violence and suffering, so if that’s the look they were going for, they achieved it.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17746Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 14365Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 11370Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 10980'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 10448Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 9120Dillon Overton rips former Sooners coach Sunny Golloway on Twitter
- 7765OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 6828Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6277Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 5681Two teacher programs at Oklahoma universities called ineffective
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients