Hip-hop star Soulja Boy arrested in Georgia
TEMPLE, Ga. (AP) — Authorities say hip-hop star Soulja Boy is facing a drug charge after police stopped his rental car in west Georgia and found marijuana.
Temple Police Chief Tim Shaw tells The Associated Press that police stopped the rented Cadillac Escalade early Tuesday. He says officers found marijuana and guns inside.
The artist, who was booked under the name DeAndre Cortez Way, was brought to the Carroll County Jail on a felony charge of marijuana possession.
Shaw said that based on what he knows of the arrest, all five occupants in the car were very cordial and the arrest went smoothly.
Carroll County Jail Records did not list an attorney for the artist. Authorities said he was being held without bond and his first court appearance was set for Tuesday afternoon.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 15993Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 12289Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 11194OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 9941Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 9689Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 8745Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 8728Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 5527Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5132Will a MAPS 4 initiative involve a football stadium downtown?
- 4758Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients