Billy Ray Cyrus and wife announce divorce
NEW YORK (AP) — Billy Ray Cyrus and wife Tish are ending their 17-year marriage.
The parents of teen sensation Miley Cyrus have filed for divorce. In a statement released Wednesday, the pair said it was a “very difficult time for our family.”
They said they were trying to “work through some personal matters” and they appreciated support.
Though 17-year-old Miley is the biggest star in the family now, it was Billy Ray Cyrus who put the Cyrus name on the map in 1992 with the instant classic “Achy Breaky Heart.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 29552Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 26325Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 8457Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 7892Fatal fire: Two arrested in Oklahoma City death of 7-year-old boy
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients