Sheen leaves hospital after NYC hotel outburst
NEW YORK (AP) — Charlie Sheen was briefly hospitalized Tuesday after security at the Plaza Hotel called police to report he was disorderly and had broken furniture in his room, police said.
His publicist blamed an allergic reaction to medication, and said the actor was discharged Tuesday evening and on his way back to Los Angeles.
Sheen appeared highly intoxicated when officers arrived to his room around 1:30 a.m., and a woman with him said they had been out drinking and partying that night, according to a law enforcement official. She said he was yelling and tossing furniture when they returned to the room, said the official, who was not authorized to speak publicly about the encounter and spoke to The Associated Press on condition of anonymity.
Police Commissioner Raymond Kelly said hotel security reported Sheen was disorderly. The actor voluntarily went with authorities for a psychiatric evaluation.
“No arrests were made. It’s not a complaint. He’s being treated at a hospital,” Kelly said.
The publicist, Stan Rosenfield, said the 45-year-old had an adverse allergic reaction to some medication. “Everything else is speculation,” Rosenfield said.
It’s not clear who the woman in the hotel room was. Sheen was in New York on a family vacation. His ex-wife, actress Denise Richards, and their two children, Sam, 6, and Lola, 5, also were staying at the hotel in a different room, the official said.
Police haven’t received any complaints from the hotel about any possible damage. A message left with the historic hotel at the foot of Central Park wasn’t returned.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 71664Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 31265Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 29267Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 20588Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 6679Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 6629Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 6010Oklahoma tornadoes: Several homes damaged by tornado, but no injuries in Edmond
- 5747Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
- 5482Severe storms possible in Oklahoma again Monday
- 5176Oklahoma football: Jay Norvell working on luring a tall group of wide receivers to Norman
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients