Green Day cancels 2012 dates, postpones ‘13 start
Green Day is canceling the rest of its 2012 club schedule and is postponing the start of the 2013 arena tour.
Bass player Mike Dirnt says Billie Joe Armstrong’s “well-being is our main concern” in the band’s decision to clear the schedule through Feb 8.
He says in a statement Monday that Armstrong is doing well in his attempt to shake substance abuse problems that emerged publicly in September when the singer-guitarist had a profane meltdown on the stage of the iHeartRadio Music Festival in Las Vegas.
The Grammy-winning punks also moved up the release date of “Tre,” the third installment in a trilogy of albums released over a period of months. The album will be released Dec. 11, more than a month ahead of schedule.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17147Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 12600OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 11594'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 11336Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 9954Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 8356Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 8267Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7063Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 6991Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6984Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients