'Violet, you're turning violet!' actor dies
Leonard Stone, the guy who played Violet Beauregarde’s dad in the 1971 classic, “Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory” died Wednesday after a bout with cancer … a rep for the actor told TMZ.
Family members said that Stone, who famously delivered the line, “Violet, you’re turning VIOLET!,” loved being an actor and would often recite lines from the movie anytime people asked him to.
Stone also appeared on “Wheel of Fortune” back in 2000 … winning $4,250 in cash and a trip to Bermuda.
He was 87.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17340Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 17005OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 13213Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 11218Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 9481Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7832Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7484Two teacher programs at Oklahoma universities called ineffective
- 7128Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 7070Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 6266Train engineer's vision problems led to deadly Oklahoma wreck, NTSB rules
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients