Actor David Cassidy charged with DUI in Florida
FORT PIERCE, Fla. (AP) — Former “Partridge Family” heartthrob David Cassidy has been charged with driving under the influence in Florida.
The Florida Highway Patrol says his car was stopped around 6 p.m. Wednesday for weaving and nearly causing an accident.
Cassidy told a trooper that he had a glass of wine at lunch and a pain pill at 3:30 p.m. Troopers reported finding a half-empty bottle of bourbon in the back seat.
The FHP says Cassidy failed a field sobriety test and two breath tests. He was released from jail early Thursday.
His spokeswoman, Jo-Ann Geffen, told TMZ he took a pain pill and was tired from attending a funeral, but insists he was not drunk. She wrote in an e-mail to The Associated Press that Cassidy thanked family, friends and fans for their love and support.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 19478Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 17081OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 14402Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 9893Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 9505Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7874Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7743Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 7139Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6156Two teacher programs at Oklahoma universities called ineffective
- 5570Train engineer's vision problems led to deadly Oklahoma wreck, NTSB rules
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients