'Dancing with the Stars' dancer Karina engaged to Oklahoman
She may have recently been eliminated from Dancing With The Stars, but soon Karina Smirnoff will be waltzing down the aisle.
The ballroom beauty is engaged to Brad Penny, 32, she told PEOPLE on Saturday, revealing the couple has actually been engaged since Oct. 4!
“We kept it quiet because my family is in New York and Brad’s family is in Oklahoma so we kind of wanted them to come out and celebrate and be a family first before we let the cat out of the bag,” she said.
Smirnoff, 32, showed off her 4.5 carat Asscher Cut diamond engagement ring at Tao Las Vegas’s five-year anniversary party.
The two have yet to start planning the wedding. The proposal, however, took some scheming. Smirnoff calls it “a conspiracy” between Penny and Smirnoff’s manager, who told Smirnoff that the president of Twitter wanted to meet her after a taping of Dancing With the Stars.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 88132Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 35601Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 7786Tornado in Oklahoma City suburb causes destruction
- 5828Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 5720Police: School near OKC directly hit by tornado
- 4402Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients