Doherty's dad, her ‘Dancing' inspiration, has died
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Actress Shannen Doherty appeared on “Dancing With the Stars” last season to honor her father, who had recently suffered a stroke.
On Sunday, she issued a statement saying John Thomas Doherty died Friday at age 66 after a series of health issues.
Shannen Doherty was eliminated from “Dancing” in March after just one week of competition. But she considered her stint on the show a success because her father was in the audience, watching her perform.
“I did it for my dad,” she said at the time.
In the statement, issued through her publicist, Shannen Doherty called her father the “greatest man in the world.”
She added: “I love him with every inch of my being and cannot imagine life without him.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10724Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 8728Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients