Mel Gibson, ex-girlfriend appear in LA court
Mel Gibson is in a Los Angeles courtroom for a custody hearing involving his infant daughter.
The Academy Award-winner arrived for a closed hearing Wednesday morning about 10 minutes before his ex-girlfriend Russian musician Oksana Grigorieva.
The former couple have been sparring for months over custody and financial issues after reaching a private agreement. The case is by law sealed, and its hearings are closed to the public.
It is the first time Gibson has personally appeared in court on the case.
Authorities continue to investigate the actor-director’s claims that Grigorieva attempted to extort him earlier this year. The musician has claimed Gibson abused her in January, and prosecutors have been presented potential evidence as they consider pursuing criminal charges.
Source: The Associated Press
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 36901Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 36295Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 32626Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8549Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5487OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4132Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4021Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 3510College football: Coaches, athletes weigh in on NCAA's suspended recruiting proposals
- 3369George Nigh has long been 'Four' Oklahoma
- 3261Brittney Griner: Kim Mulkey said keep quiet on sexuality
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients