Hasselhoff hopes for retro ‘Knight Rider' film
NEW YORK (AP) — David Hasselhoff still feels a connection with the younger generation, even though his popular TV series “Baywatch” has been off the air for more than a decade.
“When Justin Bieber comes up and goes, `Hoff!’ and then Selena Gomez says, `It’s so weird he loves you,’ it’s great. It just means that you’re hip and it’s cool,” the 60-year-old actor said in a recent interview.
“Baywatch” aired from 1989 to 2000. Hasselhoff also starred in the TV series “Knight Rider,” which aired from 1982 to 1986.
To stay part of the conversation, Hasselhoff keeps busy and is always working. He stars in a Lifetime movie “The Christmas Consultant,” opposite Caroline Rhea, that airs Saturday (8 p.m. EST). He will tweet backstage for MTV at Sunday’s European Music Awards and play Captain Hook in a Peter Pan pantomime in December in Manchester, England.
Hasselhoff talks about his various projects, his famous name and his hopes for a retro “Knight Rider” movie.
AP: Would you ever want to do a full-time TV series again?
Hasselhoff: It depends what the series would be. I’ve been approached by some dear friends who run `The Office’ and `Ugly Betty’ about doing a sitcom, being a part of an ensemble. I’d love to do that. I’d love to bring back more than anything kind of like `Murder She Wrote,’ or there’s a great show in the U.K. called `Lovejoy,’ or `Hart to Hart.’ Some shows that have got some fun, (a) little tongue-and-cheek like Cary Grant, and play my age but still know that secretly (the character) is livin’ hard, livin’ fast and lovin’ it because that’s kind of where I’m at in my life.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17441Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 13900OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 11725'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 11253Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 8882Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7879Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 7323Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7059Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 7006Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6837Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients