Sharon Stone announces 2 new roles
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Sharon Stone is taking on two very different roles: One in the Linda Lovelace biopic, and another online to welcome returning troops.
The 53-year-old actress says she will play Lovelace’s mother in “Inferno: A Linda Lovelace Story.” But before filming starts, the “Basic Instinct” star has another mission: She’s taking her first steps into the world of social media with a Facebook page that welcomes returning military personnel home from duty in Iraq and Afghanistan.
Stone says her page will serve as a community bulletin board where people can not only thank the troops for their service, but offer them jobs, discounts, a helping hand and a warm welcome.
“It’s very important that people know that their country is behind them,” Stone said in an interview. “With all of this negative chatter in the governmental races, we need to have our actual country say what they feel in loving, really vocal terms.”
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 14589OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8609Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6402Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6393Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6018Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5816Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4098As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in
- 3659Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage after tall metal utility polls fall in northwest Oklahoma City
- 3653Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 3418Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients