T.I. says drug problem started with prescriptions
T.I. says his drug problem started when he received prescriptions for Oxycontin and hydrocodone after a series of dental surgeries this year.
“After the pain went away, I kept taking it. I had like five, six prescriptions. So, I had, like 80 pills. Everybody else might drink or smoke a blunt; I took a pain pill,” the 30-year-old says in an interview win the December issue of Vibe magazine.
T.I. said he is now clean and sober, thanks in part to his September arrest in Los Angeles. Police found ecstasy pills on him, and while the case was eventually dropped, a judge found him in violation of his probation stemming from a 366-day prison stint for trying to buy illegal guns and sentenced him to 11 months in jail.
Prior to going back to jail, the Atlanta rapper attended one-on-one and group therapy sessions to help kick his addiction to pills and codeine, which he was drinking to get high.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 101883Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 13737Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10731Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 9553OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 8470Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 7788How to help tornado victims
- 7217Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 7121Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 6843Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 5845Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients