Vignettes from the American Music Awards
KEEPING IT COOL: An unusually chilly night in downtown Los Angeles didn’t stop the stars from showing a little skin as they arrived for the American Music Awards. Miley Cyrus strutted down the Nokia Theatre’s red carpet Sunday evening in a short ruffled gown with a flowing train, while Avril Lavigne rocked a geometric-print minidress, and Julie Benz shined in a strapless black-and-gold number.
“It’s cold out here,” said crooner John Legend, sporting a suit accented with piping.
Katy Perry was one of the few female artists who covered up on the red carpet. Between interviews, the “California Gurls” singer donned a long knit coat. She later ditched her entire ensemble when performing “Firework.” Perry’s male back-up dancers ripped off her red gown in the middle of her number to reveal a glittery pantsuit.
FOR THE FANS: Taylor Swift said she only wanted to thank the fans when she accepted her trophy for country female artist at the American Music Awards. Justin Bieber, Lady Antebellum and Michael Buble also gave love to their devotees during their acceptance speeches. But what makes one artist’s group of fans any more special than another? The New Kids of the Block have the answer.
“Everyone thinks they have the best fans, but we know we have the best fans,” said Donnie Wahlberg before the show.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 39385Dillon Overton rips former Sooners coach Sunny Golloway on Twitter
- 13186Oklahoma football: New assistant Bill Bedenbaugh discusses state of OU's offensive line
- 12510New OSU CB Tyler Patmon, ex-OU QB Drew Allen among those to benefit from transfer rule
- 11930Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 10305UPDATE: Woman's body found in northwest Oklahoma City, her son arrested
- 7560Oklahoma City Thunder: Hard to tell if Shabazz Muhammad is on OKC's radar
- 7262Oklahoma baseball: Sunny Golloway wasn't Sooners' most beloved coach, but he got results
- 7231Oklahoma State football: Quarterback Wes Lunt transferring to Illinois
- 6637Top 5 regrets of the dying
- 5911Russell Westbrook is off crutches and says he's back
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients