'Glee' star to be honored by Billboard
Even though Lea Michele stars on a television show, her “Glee” role has had such an impact on music this year that Billboard is honoring her with a “triple threat” award.
Michele is due to receive the honor Thursday at Billboard’s annual “Women in Music” luncheon in New York City honoring the Black Eyed Peas’ Fergie.
“We worked so hard over here at ‘Glee’ and we put together these mini-movies every week that is filled with dancing and singing,” said Michele in a phone interview Tuesday. “It feels like such a nice sort of wonderful recognition.”
But even though she’s being honored by a music publication, Michele has no plans to put out a record like her co-star Matthew Morrison, who started working on an album this year.
“I really am taking my time with making an album. … It will be somewhere in my future but right now we are so busy over here,” said Michele during a break in her “Glee” schedule. The show airs on Fox.
She also noted the success of numerous “Glee” soundtracks on the charts this year: “I feel like I’ve already sort of made albums.”
Source: The Associated Press
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 14189Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 12474Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 11484OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 9977Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8873Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 7409Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 7240Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 5050Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 4865Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 4264'Hatchet hitchhiker' arrested after attorney found dead
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients