Entertainer Nelly works to tackle hunger
The holidays are a time for good eating. But we all know that’s not the case for everyone in America.
That’s why entertainer Nelly is working with DoSomething.org and Feeding America to launch the third annual Tackle Hunger campaign. The program encourages teens to put down their candy canes and assist those who are less fortunate this season.
“For one in seven American households in the U.S., their dream is just to put enough food on the table to feed their family,” said Nelly, who encourages people to pursue their dreams in his music. “Let’s rally together and do something about it!”
This year, teens are encouraged to launch a food drive campaign in their schools and communities to help feed hungry families. By logging on to dosomething.org/tacklehunger, they can find out what food bank is closest to their home.
Nelly’s newest album, “5.0,” challenges teens to help collect 1 million pounds of food by Dec. 23. DoSomething.org will reward the team that has the greatest effect on his or her community by making a $1,000 donation to the teen’s local food bank.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 63590Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38050Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 34916Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13810Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12686Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 8728Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients