Injury forces Van Dyke to cancel LA production
An injury has forced Dick Van Dyke to cancel his new musical show in Los Angeles.
Geffen Playhouse publicist Allison Rawlings released a statement Thursday that says Van Dyke is unable to perform because of an injury to his Achilles tendon, which began bothering him last week. As a result, the theater was forced to cancel the upcoming run of “Dick Van Dyke – Step in Time: A Musical Memoir.”
Van Dyke, who turns 85 on Monday, performed in the preview show Wednesday night, but Rawlings says he aggravated the injury.
In the statement, Van Dyke said the injury is forcing him to be off his feet for awhile and thanked everyone for their understanding and support.
The show, a career-retrospective, was scheduled to run through Jan. 16.
source: Associated Press
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17897Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
- 15383Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 11506Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 11200'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 10732Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 9276OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 8256Dillon Overton rips former Sooners coach Sunny Golloway on Twitter
- 6910Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6624Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 6479Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients