Support local country crooner
A music theater student at Oklahoma City University is hoping to translate the success of a recent singing contest into victory on the national stage in Country Music Television’s “Country Strong” competition.
Brittany Davis, a junior originally from Hoover, Ala., won the regional-level contest Dec. 3 in Bricktown over 26 other contestants to secure her spot in the national finals. Beginning today, the general public may vote for their favorite amongst the 16 regional winners online at http://www.cmt.com/asm/country-strong/. Voting ends at noon Dec. 16.
“It is such an honor to be chosen for this contest,” Davis said. “I have always had an interest and love for country music growing up in Alabama.”
Davis hopes the contest will be a launching pad for her career in show business. The prize package includes meeting a Sony Records executive and a possible feature spot on CMT. It includes a trip for two to Nashville, Tenn.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 17441Oklahoma storms: Profile of Life: Megan and Case Futrell
- 13900OKC Central: Architectural "Worsts"
- 11725'Firehouse' in Oklahoma City's Deep Deuce is set to become new home
- 11253Norman man threatens Oklahoma Gov. Fallin's 'child' and local sheriff in emails
- 8882Was Special Treatment Given in Oklahoma Vice Mayor DUI Traffic Stop?
- 7879Police shoot, kill man holding child hostage in Midwest City
- 7323Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale
- 7059Brad Lund granted two-year lease to Taft Stadium for soccer team
- 7006Red meat might be delicious, but not as nutritious
- 6837Live blog: "The Voice" Season 4 live finale - performance episode
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients