IRS: Val Kilmer owes $500K in back taxes
Val Kilmer owes nearly $500,000 in federal taxes, and a lien has been placed on the “Batman Forever” actor’s property, including a New Mexico ranch he’s trying to sell.
The Internal Revenue Service filed the lien last month in Santa Fe for an assessment balance of $498,165 for 2008 income taxes.
Kilmer has lived in New Mexico for two decades. He put his 5,300-acre Pecos River Ranch on the market for $33 million in 2009.
The ranch is now listed for sale at $18.5 million, down from $23 million in October.
Kilmer and his agent did not respond to telephone calls and e-mail on Thursday seeking comment.
Kilmer also starred in movies including “Top Gun.”
Source: The Associated Press
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24190Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 13456Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 11113Tom Ward is out as SandRidge's CEO
- 10453UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 7895Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 6976Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 6568Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 6301Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 6165Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
- 4992Will Oklahomans get on board with new water toy?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients