PARTIES EXTRA: APRIL 14,2007
CENTENNIAL MOMS…LaDonna Kramer Meinders was named 2007 Oklahoma Mother of the Year by the Oklahoma Association of American Mothers last week and was honored with a reception in the Blue Room of the State Capitol. The event was designated as a Centennial event ceremony.
Jody Gooden was selected as Young Mother of the Year.
Karen Mayfield is Oklahoma Association American Mother president.
ASHLEY AND MATT…Ashley Mackey and Matt Payne were honorees at a dinner and shower in the home of Christy and Jim Everest.
Hosts were Millie and Johnson Hightower, Meridith and Tad Cassidy, Linda and Tom Klos, Susan Parker, Jan and Richard Parker and Mary Sue and John Shelley.
SHOWERING LESLIE…Leslie Baker, fiancée of Jake Stewart, was honoree at an around -the -clock shower, with each guest given a different time slot for a gift, in the home of Linda Klos.
Co-hostesses were Allison and Jennifer Klos, Sally and Ashley Black.
PARTY HOPPING…Two couples were honorees at a progressive dinner on March 31. Jessica Gustafson and Ryan Johnston will be married April 28 and Rachel Johnson and John Trey Glomset will be married June 2.
A neighborhood walking group called the “Walky Talkys” were hosts in the home of Sue and Don Timberlake for “wining” and Martha and Ron Bradshaw for “dining.” The guests, mostly wedding party members and hosts, walked on over to the Bradshaws after cocktails.
MARCH PARTY…Friends celebrated their March birthdays with a luncheon in the home of Marilyn Bethea. Co-hostesses for the birthday party were Kitty Champlin, Hedra Merson, Marilyn Case, Linda Lowe, Karen Browne, Suzie Graves and Linda Coats.
TAKING THE FLOOR…Junior Cotillion sixth grade students had the annual black- tie spring Ball at the Beacon Club and showed their skill on the dance floor with such dances as the fox trot, waltz, cha cha and swing dancing. They also had a four-course dinner.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 24190Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 13456Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 11113Tom Ward is out as SandRidge's CEO
- 10453UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 7895Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 6976Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 6568Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 6301Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 6165Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
- 4992Will Oklahomans get on board with new water toy?
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients