Parties Extra: Oct. 7-Oct. 14
Executive installs officers at annual dinner
New officers were installed at Executive Women International dinner Oct. 10 at the Oklahoma City Golf and Country Club.
Linda Walker Brown from The Oklahoma Publishing Co. took the gavel as president. She and the other new officers were installed by the company’s Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Christy Everest. Brown will serve a one-year term followed by a year as adviser.
Other officers and member firms are Metro Technology Centers’ Yolanda Holman, vice-president/president-elect; B.C. Clark Jewelers’ Kay Duke, secretary;
YWCA of Oklahoma City’s Gayle Harper, treasurer; Oklahoma Allergy and Asthma Clinic’s Sheryl Delancy, sergeant-at-arms; Rural Enterprises of Oklahoma Inc.’s Lisa McGoldrick, membership director; First Maintenance Co.’s Nancy Pennell, program director; Office of the Mayor’s Gayleen Keeton, publication director; Oklahoma Gas and Electric Co.’s Kelly Hamilton-Coyer, ways and means director, and Express Personnel Services’ Carol Lane, director-at-large.
View photo gallery“>View photo gallery
The Loyalty Factor
Jim MacKellar celebrated his 50th consecutive University of Oklahoma-Texas University football game in Dallas with a cocktail party at the Hilton Anatole on Oct. 6. Wife Bette was hostess for the party and special guest was their grandson Bolen MacKellar, 4 months. His diaper cover was embroidered with “Boomer Sooner, ” thus beginning a new generation of 50-year OU supporters.
MacKellar wore a hat proclaiming his 50th year and flowers, pompoms, shakers and memorabilia were set on tables at the Anatole suite where the party was held. Bette MacKellar wore an lighted antique OU pin.
Among the guests were Penny and John McCaleb, Sharon and Dr. John Bozalis, Admr. William Crowe, Jeannine and Gene Rainbolt, SoRelle Fitzgerald, Bebe, Bruce and Bolen MacKellar, Vicki and Doug Rippeto, Patty and Dr. Kent Cohenour, Paul, Mark and John Austin, Mary Jo Weaver, Marty and Robert Margo, Hank Tatum, Karen and Rob Luke, Judi Freyer, Patti and Dick Marshall, Bobby Sullivan, Barbara and Bud Beeler, Janice Cockerham, Janie and Bob Cull.
View photo gallery
A party also held in Dallas during OU-TU weekend was the annual reception held by members of the Michael F. Price College of Business. It was on the 29th floor of the Hilton Anatole and alumni and friends of the college filled the party room. Kenneth R. Evans was introduced as the new dean of the school. He will begin his duties in January.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 96583Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 17286OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13078Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8797Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8670Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8388How to help tornado victims
- 7627Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 7620Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 6948Oklahoma tornadoes: Tornado leaves family members in two hospitals and one dead
- 6645Oklahoma tornado: Names of dead released; missing individuals located
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients