PARTIES EXTRA!---FEBRUARY 22, 2008---TWO BIRTHDAYS CELEBRATED
BLACK-TIE BIRTHDAY….Two birthdays were celebrated at a formal event at the Oklahoma Heritage Center. Linda Barnett was host for a dinner dance honoring her husband, Jerry, for his 65th birthday, and her mother, Isabel Croft, for her 95th birthday.
100 friends and family members attended the black-tie party. They were entertained by The Mary Sallee Jazz group. Granddaughter Mackenzie Barnett sang.
John Turner and George Nigh gave tributes. Red and pink roses were on the tables and a five-course dinner was served.
PARTY FOR ART… Taos, New Mexico artist Marsha Siler Kidd was in Oklahoma City on February 15 with 40 of her impressionist oil paintings.
A wine and cheese reception at the Sportsman’s Country Club honored Marsha and husband Wayne Kidd.
A tall vase of flowers was set on the serving table and it held flowers of their home area, delphinium, snapdragons, daisies and roses, all in the colors of the artist’s palette. Marsha is also an avid gardener.
Marsha brought 40 paintings including Northern New Mexico vistas, flower scenes, Colorado landscapes, horses, current plein air pictures with lots of snow and a Taos pueblo picture. They came from Wichita, Ks., where they were visiting her parents who were celebrating their 65th wedding anniversary.
Lela and Mark Sullivan entertained the artist at dinner.
Among the guests were Lou Kerr, Tom Knott, Linda and Ron James, Pam Smith, Susan and Peter Hoffman, Judi Freyer, Joy Tucker, Lela and Mark Sullivan, Phyllis and Dan Stough, Barbara and Bud Beeler, Lynn and Ron White, Janie and Jon Axton, Lisa and Nick Berry, Lillie-Beth Brinkman, Kay and Gates Oliver, Carole and Ed Kelley, Jim Vallion, Mary and Mike Mahaffey, Bette and Jim MacKellar, Betty and Herschal Crow, Susan and Pat Sigmon, Ann Jacobson and Stacey Allen.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 19471Oklahoma baseball: Joe Simpson 'thrilled' that Sunny Golloway left OU
- 14514Tom Ward is out as SandRidge's CEO
- 10937UPDATE: I-40 reopened at Shields after fatal wreck
- 9667Classen School of Advanced Studies valedictorian disappears while hiking with family in Ecuador
- 8444Will Oklahomans get on board with new water toy?
- 7027Oklahoma State football: A stunning success story at the box office
- 5625Oklahoma State football: Mike Gundy lifts Wes Lunt restrictions, but too late
- 5257Get App-y: Google Glass to offer heads-up computing
- 4924Prosecutors say stolen car was at heart of 2011 fatal shootings in Oklahoma City
- 4923Team Blake's Danielle Bradbery wins "The Voice"; The Swon Brothers finish in third place
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients