Parties Extra!---April 14, 2008---Junior League 80th Anniversary Gala
Carrie Leonard and Cyndy Hoenig–Co-chairmen of the Junior League 80th Anniversary Gala. ( Photo by Helen Ford Wallace).
CELEBRATION…. 200 Junior League members and guests celebrated 80 years of community service with a 80th Anniversary Celebration Gala at the Skirvin Hotel Ballroom.
The event co-chairmen Cyndy Hoenig and Carrie Leonard noted that many of the events 80 years ago were held at the Skirvin Hotel including the first one, a Spanish Fiesta.
The Ballroom was filled with flower bouquets of orchids, tulips and hydrangeas. Banana Seat played for dancing. Junior League President Karla Wallace led the group in a champagne toast for past presidents and one for all Junior League members.
Past presidents attending were Anne Workman, Midge Lindsey, Kris Frankfurt, Karen Luke, Ann Felton Gilliland, Carol Troy, Jane Crain, Gayle Semtner, Ann-Clore Duncan, Betsy Manton, Lisa Berry and Lee Ann Nordin.
Committee members included Amy Freedman, Amy Logan, Ann Cantrell, Ann Gilliland, Ann Kilpatrick, Beth Kerr, Betty Jane Garrett, Candy Dulaney, Carol Sue Taylor, Casey Resar, Debbie Jones, Elaine Jackson, Elyse Hull and Emmy Stanley.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 10457Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9286Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5848Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4983Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4420Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4301Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
- 4216How to help tornado victims
- 4195Oklahoma tornadoes: Lack of storm shelters floors newcomers to Tornado Alley
- 4147Woman's body found in Payne County; two arrested
- 4123OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients