51st Byliners Awards Dinner set for February 5, 2009
WOMEN IN COMMUNICATIONS
Seven women will be honored at the 51st annual Byliner’s Banquet at the Oklahoma City Golf and Country Club on Feb. 5. They are Miki Farris (Child Advocacy); Martha Ferretti (Health); Molly Ross Fritch (Emerging Byliner); Cathy O’Connor (Economic Development); Dr. Marion Paden (Education); Sandra Gales Shapard (Communications), and Billie Thrash (Arts).
Members of the Oklahoma City Professional Chapter of The Association for Women in Communications are hosts. Margo Ward and Rachel Klein are co-chairmen. On their committee are Linda Haneborg, Heather Elmenhorst, Mickie Lara, Stephanie Hansen, Heide Brandes, Vonnie Anderson, Mandy Ellis, Celena McCord, Kim Holding, Tabbi Van Houtte, Kristin McNeese and Julie Qualls.
Dinner is set for 7 p.m. following a reception for the honorees.
The awards honor women whose dedication and achievement have made a significant impact on others and proceeds will provide scholarships for collegiate women pursuing communications-related degrees at Oklahoma colleges as well as educational programming for AWC members.
Tickets are $75. Contact Rachel Klein at 523.3534 or Margo Ward at 924.5992 for further information.
An afternoon tea will honor past and present Byliner Award Honorees. Dr. Susan Chambers, a 2008 honoree, will be the hostess. It will be Feb. 1st in her home.
Message Sent Successfully
Be Sure to Check Out Our Top Headlines
- 21059Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 7331Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 7023OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6693OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 5627Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 4676Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 4297Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 4215Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 3462Four burning questions - Was the Thunder's season a failure?
- 3297Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
Back to share with a friend form.
Add More Recipients